Estate planning solutions for every situation.
For years, estate planning was only used by the very wealthy or the elderly. Today, it has become more common for individuals and families of all income levels and ages, and for good reason. Planning has numerous benefits for everyone, and the creation of an estate plan to fit your specific needs is easier than you may imagine.
At the law firm of Seward & Associates, Attorneys at Law, attorney Richard D. Seward heads our estate planning practice. Armed with more than 24 years of legal experience, Mr. Seward can help you build a plan to address your concerns, provide asset protection and ensure your beneficiaries actually benefit from their inheritances.
Modern estate planning is more than you might expect.
It is much more than simply drafting a will. Today, planning includes addressing a variety of issues, such as:
- Helping families get their affairs in order
- Gifting strategies
- Tax basis strategies
- Use of trusts and family LLCs
- Tax planning to avoid the Washington estate tax
- Addressing real estate-related issues
- Preserving assets for future generations
- Ensuring an orderly transfer of assets to beneficiaries
- Assisting families through probate after the loss of a loved one
- Preventing Estate Fraud by having a clear legal estate plan in place
The keys to a solid Estate Plan.
To accomplish the above, we use a variety of estate planning tools, which include:
- Irrevocable and revocable trusts
- Special-needs trusts
- General durable powers of attorney for financial matters
- Health care directives
- General Durable powers of attorney for health care
- In addition, we can also help you with long-term care planning and Medicaid planning, both of which have quickly become more popular as health care costs continue to increase.
Discover why we are a trusted estate planning partner.
Our law firm has a reputation in Kitsap County and throughout Western Washington as a trusted estate planning partner. If you would like to discover the benefits of choosing our firm, you can do so by speaking with our estate planning lawyer. You can call 360-876-6425 or email us to schedule a free 30-minute phone consultation or a time to meet at either our Port Orchard or Seattle law office.